Monday, May 3, 2010

Let's Get this Show on the Road...

Alrighty...well...after a terribly lengthy hiatus, I'm going to get this show on the road once more. With a full-time job, a full-time husband and and super cute toddler at home, I find myself testing out new recipes on a frequent basis in order to find quick, easy and most importantly, palate pleasing recipes! Thankfully, I've stock piled a few good recipes as of late, and unfortunately I have no good excuse for the lack of pictures, but for now you will have to be pleased with the provision of recipes!

Pork Tenderloin w/ Sticky Lime Glaze

Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup sodium reduced soy-sauce
- 1/2 cup liquid honey
- 2 tsp. grated lime rind (I didn't have, so I didn't use this)
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp. minced gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (I only had 1, it was just extra glazed!)
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil

Directions:

- In large glass bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, lime rind, lime juice, onion, ginger, garlic and pepper. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Drain pork, reserving marinade. In large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown pork. Pour in marinade and bring to boil, boil for 1 minute.
- Roast in 400 degree oven until juices run clear when pork is pierced and just a hunt of pink remains inside, about 18 minutes. Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil; let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with sauce.

I served this with rice and steamed green beans.

No comments: